Re: Loading kernel modules for virtualbox via script

Leslie Jensen wrote:

On 2009-12-21 17:35, Rolf Nielsen wrote:
Leslie Jensen wrote:

Following the suggestion here:
http://forums.freebsd.org/showpost.php?p=45664&postcount=5

To load two kernel modules via a script in /etc/rc.d/

Produces the following:

WARNING: Ignoring old-style startup script /etc/rc.d/

I found the answer here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2896643&group_id=151951&atid=782616

I would like a suggestion on how to load the modules!

Thanks

/Leslie

Can't you load the modules from /boot/loader.conf? AFAIK VirtualBox
places its modules in /boot/modules, which makes them loadable by
load_modulename="YES" in /boot/loader.conf, where modulename should be
replaced by the filename of the module(s), omitting the leading path and
the .ko suffix, e.g. nvidia_load=YES" loads /boot/modules/nvidia.ko.

Correction....................

I read in the same post that the loading order was important, and the way I understood it was that, if I load via loader.conf I could not be sure that the order is correct!

If the order is important, one probably depends on the other. Try loading only one of them and see if it automagically loads the other one.

Or I guess you could simply load them from /etc/rc.local. Though that is, AFAIK, no longer a recommended way to do things, it does still work.
I start a few things from there, simply because I couldn't be bothered with writing an rc.d script.

  • David Marks Essential Javascript Tips - Volume #8 - Tip #47B - The Load "problem" and Re
    ... The Load "problem" and Related Matters ... listeners are very easy to implement in cross-browser fashion:- ... Because it's possible the script ... likely work for as long as there are Web browsers. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Hyperlinks
    ... http://www.snipesfamily.net/index_files/DAVE.htm The issue is that Publisher ... the design checker tool will find some of these issues. ... I am betting that you are using a script on your home page that you are not ... I have seen a lot of Publisher produced sites that load ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: rm -rf stalls server
    ... That kills server after 5 minutes of running. ... if load for web sites rises even for about 30% during this command ... You may use such a script by inserting a delay causing statement between rm ... Use a cron job definition having many script execution lines where each ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: UCOMIStream, MSHTML and WebBrowser control Persistence Problem
    ... Actually I had chopped off the top of the Form Load script which correctly ... If I navigate to a file ... It is best to retrieve it from the control each time you ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: UCOMIStream, MSHTML and WebBrowser control Persistence Problem
    ... Actually I had chopped off the top of the Form Load script which correctly ... If I navigate to a file ... It is best to retrieve it from the control each time you ...
    (microsoft.public.inetsdk.programming.webbrowser_ctl)