Possible to run 2 instances of Bind DNS server in jails??

Hi,

I'm just reading through a thread right now on a discussion or debate whether to ports Solaris Zones to FreeBSD. My main Google search criteria was basically that I wanted to know if FreeBSD had something similar.....

In this discussion it was mentioned that FreeBSD Jails where the sudo 'equivalent' to Zones but of course behave much more like a chroot environment.

I have to ask if it's possible since I'm coming over from Solaris to dedicate NICs to Jails and run separate instances of applications in there, the one I am looking for primarily is Bind. As I would like to use a Sun Fire V480 server as a mainframe but stuck between the application advantages of FreeBSD and some of the virtualization technologies within Solaris.

Has anyone got any advice or comments as to whether I can achieve my goal??

Many thanks,

Kaya

  • Suche eine Inspiritation... :-)
    ... Mit zwei Prozessoren, 2GB RAM ... Dann kam FreeBSD 6.irgendwas drauf, ... wirklich mit Solaris funktioniert. ... Controller von Promise oder was weiß ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.misc)
  • Re: Anyone using freebsd ZFS for large storage servers?
    ... Solaris is not a viable option. ... FreeBSD looks like the next best available option at the moment, ... support my OpenSource projects and personal files. ... of course Solaris has latest version of ZFS but still..... ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: whats making executables so large?
    ... each shared library mapped to a separate memory page and memory page ... using Solaris tools to monitor process size and virtual memory. ... The RSS sizes under FreeBSD and Solaris were similar, ... the RSS sizes are nearly identical. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: difference Debian, solaris, freebsd
    ... Solaris is not open source, it was created by Sun Microsystems, and it is ... FreeBSD has, arguably, a better package system in the ports tree. ... but why one should choose Debian or freebsd over others? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: wchar_t is useless
    ... On Windows, the wchar_t string encoding is ... ``On Solaris and FreeBSD, the wchar_t encoding is locale dependent and undocumented.'' ...
    (comp.lang.c)