warning: network_biopair_interop: error reading 5 bytes from the network: Connection reset by peer

Since updating to FreeBSD 7.3-PRERELEASE, I am having problems with my
mail server. I have Postfix (2.7-20100117) installed. When sending, this
warning message appears in the mail log:

warning: network_biopair_interop: error reading 5 bytes from the
network: Connection reset by peer

When I posted this on the Postfix forum, Wietse Venema, the author of
Postfix, replied:

Connection reset by peer (or error code ECONNRESET) means that the
other party hung up.

This never happened prior to updating FreeBSD to FreeBSD
7.3-PRERELEASE. Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

--
Jerry
gesbbb@xxxxxxxxx

|::::=======
|::::=======
|===========
|===========

I trust the first lion he meets will do his duty.

J. P. Morgan on Teddy Roosevelt's safari

  • Re: cant connect to pop3 server - MTA issues (postfix)
    ... My Linux box died earlier this week so I upgraded to FreeBSD 6.0 I'm using postfix as my mta. ... The old mail server was running sendmail and we could connect and get our mail no problem. ... Try finding, installing and configuring some suitable POP3 server, which will listen on insecure port 110 or a secure port 995. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • cant connect to pop3 server - MTA issues (postfix)
    ... My Linux box died earlier this week so I upgraded to FreeBSD 6.0 I'm ... We access the mail server via pop3 locally. ... The old mail server was running sendmail and we could connect and get our ... I switched to postfix for various reasons but the problem persists. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Need to build a new mail server
    ... thinking FreeBSD might be the best choice of OS for the replacement. ... servers that would make for the best FreeBSD based mail server. ... I'm using it with sendmail, though (not postfix), because ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Postfix and FreeBSD question
    ... I am in the process of setting up a Mail server that will be running ... FreeBSD 4.9 and postfix. ... My question is that, by default, FreeBSD has sendmail up and running. ... I am planning to install postfix through ports. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: Move to <insert here> mail server? WAS Re: Sending mail getsRelaying Denied from off netwo
    ... with MySQL on the Postfix webpage which can be easily ... "Turn-Key" solutions, a mail server is a sum of its parts as well as the ... Move to mail server? ... > To unsubscribe, send any mail to ...
    (freebsd-questions)