Re: ntpdate problem

So, while is pool of several servers, I have to run it as

5 * * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate> /dev/null

to check 3 servers from pool?

2010/3/12 RW <rwmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:22:07 -0500
Nathan Vidican <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

or more specifically, if you don't want to leave ntpd running,
read-up on 'ntpd -q' which mimmicks the behavior of ntpdate but
allows you to use multiple ntp servers.

ntpdate supports multiple servers too, you just list them as extra
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "

С уважением,
Антон Клесс,
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list

  • Re: questions Digest, Vol 113, Issue 20
    ... cavern where the particle detector's master clock sits. ... servers which then are used by your servers. ... but as long as *one* randomly selected pool server may turn out ... Jochen Bern, ...
  • Re: Threading advice sought
    ... tcl, or are at the C level (mapping shared memory pages, or simply ... You can think about it in terms of other servers. ... create new COM objects for every request, ... or create a pool of COM objects for reuse. ...
  • Re: load balance of DNS
    ... With stock DNS, no; all you can do is recommend by ordering the responses. ... There are load-balancing DNS servers (they have a ... pool of responses, and hand out an answer of that pool, based on rules, and ...
  • Architecture / best practice for small/medium company setups
    ... on NTP setups for small and medium companies. ... The first few questions are about selection of time servers: ... -- I assume that the company should use the NTP server pool, ... -- How many timeservers on the LAN that are accessed by clients? ...
  • Re: Windows time question.
    ... The default is to collect 10 servers. ... The pool DNS lookup now returns 3 servers, ... The question is why ntpd would demand a ... The only reason I could think of is that the ...