Re: sftp server with speed throttling

On 22/03/2010 11:53, Ghirai wrote:
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:55:00 +0000
Vincent Hoffman <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 21/03/2010 13:53, Dan Naumov wrote:

What are my options if I want to run an sftp server with speed
throttling? My understanding is that openssh (which includes sftp)
in base does not support this directly, so I would have to either
use a custom kernel with ALTQ (and I would really rather stick to
GENERIC so I can use freebsd-update) which sounds like a bit too
much configuration work or pass sftp traffic through PF and
throttle it (ugly, would also affect ssh traffic).

Are there any sftp servers with directly built-in functionality for
this? I just would to be able to set limits for upload speed
globally for the entire server and preferably to also be able to do
speed settings on a per-user basis.

A quick google indicates there are at least 2 sftp servers with this

Proftpd with mod_sftp needs the proftp-devel port so I'm guessing its
still in testing but at least its in ports.
No idea about the mysecureshell program, its not in ports.

I havent actually tried with of these so no idea how well they work,
good luck.

I used pure-ftpd, and it's pretty awesome.

Unfortunately pureftpd doesn't do sftp as far as I'm aware (it does do
ftps/ftp with tls but thats not the same thing.)