Continuing problem with NVIDIA Driver
- From: Jerry <freebsd.user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 11:12:46 -0400
FreeBSD-8.0 STABLE / amd64
After updating (gettext) the NVIDIA driver no longer worked in Xorg, nor
was it being loaded at boot-up even thought it was in
the /boot/loader.conf file and had worked correctly priviously. I am
also unable to load it manually.
KLD nvidia.ko: depends on kernel - not available or version mismatch
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
kldload: can't load nvidia: Exec format error
Id Refs Address Size Name
1 12 0xffffffff80100000 ddd800 kernel
2 1 0xffffffff81022000 399f linprocfs.ko
3 1 0xffffffff81026000 1c4e8 linux.ko
"kldstat -v" doesn't reveal anything interesting either.
I have removed and reinstalled the NVIDIA driver
(nvidia-driver-195.36.15) twice without any success.
This only started after updating 'gettext'. Everything else appears to
be working correctly.
Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or get ignored.
Please do not ignore the Reply-To header.
If any man wishes to be humbled and mortified,
let him become president of Harvard.
Description: PGP signature
- Prev by Date: Re: upgrade from FBSD from 8.0-release to stable-8
- Next by Date: Re: Continuing problem with NVIDIA Driver
- Previous by thread: upgrade from FBSD from 8.0-release to stable-8
- Next by thread: Re: Continuing problem with NVIDIA Driver