Re: since when did alt-shift-tab quit working?

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Steve Franks wrote:

Or maybe change settings in your (unspecified) window manager.  It's really
hard to tell without any detail about the problem or the environment.

Yes, forgot that was an aspect of the wm, not xorg. It's xfwm4, and
now it only alt-tabs thru windows in one direction, which is alot of
fun when you have 20 windows open.

Check Settings/Window Manager/Keyboard for

Cycle windows <Alt>Tab
Cycle windows (Reverse) <Alt><Shift>Tab

Might also need to check Settings/Keyboard for that combination._______________________________________________

  • Re: nss_ldap using sasl with gssapi. Kerberos credentials cache problem[Scanned]
    ... First get a Windows 200x environment with the RFC2307 extensions added to the Schema. ... Next assign all of your *real* Unix users with AD accounts - make the user names conform to the Posix rules (Windows samAccountName) i.e. 8 characters starting with a letter, ... A further enhancement would be to try to access the directory using this file if readable, and if that fails or if the file is not readable then use the KRB5CCNAME environment variable if set and if that fails use the users credentials cache if that exists. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Using PHP to parse specific XML tag content?
    ... XML --> HTML transformation in testing environment. ... run just fine under Windows using Cygwin, and, unless I'm ... but you have to learn XSLT or use whatever defaults ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Managed vs Unmanaged Bare Bones Performance Test
    ... One of the reasons that things like Virtual PC (which runs Windows on pre-Intel Macintoshes) and Rosetta work so well is that the programs being run spend very little time in the code that needs to be translated. ... If your code only spends 1% or less of its time executing the code you actually wrote, and the rest of its time either waiting on i/o or executing libraries in the operating system, then even if you have a 20X difference in performance, you're only really looking at a 20% cost in the "slower" environment. ... There are a few classes of applications where this sort of difference matters. ... The biggest thing I notice in my applications is start-up time, as the .NET Framework imposes a relatively large burden with respect to application initialization as compared to a straight Windows application. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Using PHP to parse specific XML tag content?
    ... XML --> HTML transformation in testing environment. ... run just fine under Windows using Cygwin, and, unless I'm ... And they aren't going to run cygwin on these systems, ... It's a programming language designed ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Bootstrapping Ruby with MinGW: selfhosted and test sandbox!
    ... I've been working on trying to do a MinGW environment, ... work on a MinGW Compile of wxRuby for Windows. ... of One-Click Installer for Windows. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)