Re: Help with setting up a mail server

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:26:44 -0400
Aryeh M. Friedman <aryeh.friedman@xxxxxxxxx> articulated:

I am a consultant and was retained by my client to setup qmail or exim
on a VPS running 8.0-STABLE (i386). After setting up the DNS (A record
and MX record) we have been unable to send or receive mail. The client
has/had a working script for installing qmail on 7.1-STABLE but it
seems to not work on 8.0-STABLE. They are using the same VPS provider
who this 7.1-STABLE install script worked under. I have tried
everything I can think of to make it work including asking obvious
questions on -questions@.

I informed the client that the task is likely beyond me capabilities
but I would help recruit someone who would be able to do it at a
reasonable fee paid to them (I am acting as a no cost middle man on
this [I am helping the client for free since I was unable to get it
done]).

Please send any ideas and/or offers to do the job

I would seriously suggest that you consider installing Postfix. It is
in the ports tree, is well maintained and works out of the box. The
Postfix forum will be glad to give you any advice you need for setting
up and securing your mail server. Qmail is no longer supported by its
author and can be a nightmare to maintain.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD.user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Help with setting up a mail server
    ... exim on a VPS running 8.0-STABLE. ... I informed the client that the task is likely beyond me capabilities ... I would seriously suggest that you consider installing Postfix. ... We had also tried sendmail and couldn't get that working either so I ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: SQL Native Client vs SQL Server Driver
    ... On the blog for the SQL Native Client, you will find a lot of useful ... However, its biggest advantage is that unlike the MDAC, not only that you ... They won't be happy if you break something on their machine by installing ... a new application should always use the lasted driver if it can do ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.odbc)
  • Re: RWW stopped working after SBS SP1 installed
    ... Just curious...and I don't remember if this was a requirement, but have you tried installing the newer TS Client which came out last year on the remote workstation??? ... I know you're not using the TS Client per se. ... Was the complete SBS SP1 installed or only Windows Server SP1?? ... the computer might be too busy to accept new connections. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Installing clients SCCM 2007
    ... I have installed SCCM 2007 and now I have a problem with installing clients. ... In allsystems collection i see all my workstations. ... For example i manualy comand to install client to the IGORS machine. ... <![LOG[Select first cert flag is set, ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: bashing for free EMR program
    ... Short of downloading and installing ... client for upload into the EMR? ... And, yes, we know Word does a crude character count and a crude line count, ... Word-compatible expanders installed on our computers when working with those ...
    (sci.med.transcription)