Re: problem with ffmpeg port

Hi--

On Jul 26, 2010, at 2:22 PM, John Francis Lee wrote:
===> Verifying install for /usr/local/bin/xz in /usr/ports/archivers/xz
===> Installing for xz-4.999.9_1
===> Generating temporary packing list
===> Checking if archivers/xz already installed
===> An older version of archivers/xz is already installed
(lzmautils-4.32.7)
You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
If you really wish to overwrite the old port of archivers/xz
without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** Error code 1

This is the relevant bit. You need to upgrade archivers/xz first by following the suggestions, or else use a tool like portupgrade/portmanager/etc...

Regards,
--
-Chuck

  • Re: problem with ffmpeg port
    ... On Jul 26, 2010, at 4:34 PM, John Francis Lee wrote: ... You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again ... If you really wish to overwrite the old port of archivers/xz ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Is FreeBSD ready for desktop (Mozilla Flash)
    ... monitor,, somehow the install fails to detect ... "Macromedia Flash plugin is not available for FreeBSD. ... I quote again "Install the www/linuxpluginwrapper port. ... servers, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • New software uploaded by Denise on Oct 23 07:10:00 -4 2006
    ... and starting compiling the 'bar' port. ... and now where should you install your terminators? ... filter option may run a filter on the wrong type of file and cause ... FreeBSD does not currently support IBM's microchannel bus. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: KMDF Fakemodem not working
    ... I'm using the `Windows Vista and Windows Server Longhorn x86 Checked Build ... install the fakemodem with devcon: ... INf in the sample should tell you how to use devcon to install the driver. ... Why do I need to choose a COM port? ...
  • Re: HELP! core dumps: install, mtree, et cetera all of the sudden after portmaster security/cyrus
    ... I ran into a very delicate and nasty situation. ... by simply recompiling everything for port www/apache22, ... I can not find install or mtree. ... recovering a VM and nuked and repaved it using a LiveCD with a chroot, ...
    (freebsd-current)