Re: proper way to setup laptop with apache22

On 9/4/10 6:34 PM, Glen Barber wrote:
On 9/4/10 5:59 PM, Jim Pazarena wrote:
I'm setting up a laptop with apache, just to play, basically.

But apache doesn't like the fact that it can't resolve the
lappy's hostname to an IP number and it will not load. The laptop
gets its IP # via DHCP so it changes at various locations.

I could use the localhost name & IP #, which should work.

My laptop is named 'laptop' (laptop.mydomain.com)

Is there a way to have the system utilize it's assigned IP #?
Or do I have to change my apache config to "localhost" ?

Hi,

You can enter (assuming 'lappy' is the hostname):

127.0.0.1 localhost lappy

in /etc/hosts and set the ListenAddress directive in Apache to bind to
that IP.

Oops. Listen 127.0.0.1:80

Too much SSH config-ing for me lately. :)

--
Glen Barber

  • Re: proper way to setup laptop with apache22
    ... lappy's hostname to an IP number and it will not load. ... My laptop is named 'laptop' ... Or do I have to change my apache config to "localhost"? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • proper way to setup laptop with apache22
    ... I'm setting up a laptop with apache, just to play, basically. ... lappy's hostname to an IP number and it will not load. ... Or do I have to change my apache config to "localhost"? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [opensuse] own environment variables in init scripts
    ... in general not recommended to use env variables with apache. ... It seems to me that you are confusing 'variables' - that which gets ... HOSTNAME is not a "global variable", it is a host level setting. ... The whole point of the vhost is that it shares an IP address but not the ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] 11.0 Apache2 SSL AuthDBM - Prompted for user/passwd Twice?
    ... I have the security set like I want it -- almost. ... Why does Apache ask for my password twice before serving a file? ... If the hostname under which you are accessing the server is different than the ...
    (SuSE)
  • [SLE] Updating a new SUSE 9.1 Pro install
    ... I have SUSE 9.1 installed on my Dell Latitude D600 laptop and have just ... Now I can get apache started on the laptop but it will not ... packages on my system, I fear I may lose the apache/PHP love-fest. ... Building Dependency Tree... ...
    (SuSE)