Re: proper way to setup laptop with apache22
- From: Glen Barber <glen.j.barber@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 18:35:11 -0400
On 9/4/10 6:34 PM, Glen Barber wrote:
On 9/4/10 5:59 PM, Jim Pazarena wrote:
I'm setting up a laptop with apache, just to play, basically.
But apache doesn't like the fact that it can't resolve the
lappy's hostname to an IP number and it will not load. The laptop
gets its IP # via DHCP so it changes at various locations.
I could use the localhost name & IP #, which should work.
My laptop is named 'laptop' (laptop.mydomain.com)
Is there a way to have the system utilize it's assigned IP #?
Or do I have to change my apache config to "localhost" ?
You can enter (assuming 'lappy' is the hostname):
127.0.0.1 localhost lappy
in /etc/hosts and set the ListenAddress directive in Apache to bind to
Oops. Listen 127.0.0.1:80
Too much SSH config-ing for me lately. :)
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: proper way to setup laptop with apache22
- Next by Date: PDF to HTML translations
- Previous by thread: Re: proper way to setup laptop with apache22
- Next by thread: Re: Directory Encryption?