postfix installed in base, mailwrapper spins using 100% CPU

Hi,

I installed a new server recently with postfix. I first rebuilt world using
WITH_SENDMAIL=no and removed the sendmail files using 'make delete-old'. I
installed postfix in /usr but now mailwrapper doesn't work - it runs using
100% CPU and never quits. I suspect it might be stuck in a loop trying to run
the sendmail binary and being redirected back to itself. So
/etc/mail/mailer.conf contains:

sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
send-mail /usr/sbin/sendmail
mailq /usr/sbin/sendmail
newaliases /usr/sbin/sendmail

and /usr/sbin/sendmail is:

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 21 Oct 2 09:50 /usr/sbin/sendmail ->
/usr/sbin/mailwrapper

Should it actually be the sendmail binary that postfix installs, and if so I'm
wondering how it could have ended up being a symlink?

--
Bruce Cran

  • Re: Re[2]: sendmail/postfix ports question
    ... What was going on with the port is beyond my ... >> The ports version of postfix by default installs all its configuration ... >> can do what I did and instruct postfix through its main.cfg to take the ... However, SendMail would not be installed, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: postfix installed in base, mailwrapper spins using 100% CPU
    ... I installed a new server recently with postfix. ... WITH_SENDMAIL=no and removed the sendmail files using 'make delete-old'. ... Should it actually be the sendmail binary that postfix installs, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Sendmail Woes
    ... The sendmail cancer has been excised from my SOl10 system. ... Postfix when installed, installs its own sendmail binary to replase the real sendmail binary. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: sendmail vs. postfix question
    ... > Sendmail is a large, monolithic, complicated program that runs as ... > Sendmail configuration is complicated and arcane -- it is the ... > Postfix has a different architecture, ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: [opensuse] How to monitor Linux systems from a focal/central point (was: ranting and raving abo
    ... I'm perfectly well aware of how to set up Postfix, and, for my sins, ... workstation ran Postfix, exim, sendmail or other such MTA. ... this is solely regarding the case of a minimal install on a resource-limited ... client machine that has absolutely no need for an MTA to be installed. ...
    (SuSE)