Re: new to os

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:21:57PM -0500, Lars Eighner wrote:

They all have true multiprocessing so you can switch from one command
line environment (virtual terminal) to another with a keystroke.

Do you mean "multitasking" here, rather than "multiprocessing"?

  • Re: Registering users locally
    ... I have an active directory ... environment. ... switch. ... I get an error that says command unknown. ...
  • Re: C2960 config - What do the commands do
    ... To enable visible sequence numbering of system logging messages, use the service sequence-numbers command in global configuration mode. ... Configure the system to automatically switch to summer time. ... This sybnet has the same network address what main network (the subnetted one) but longer subnet mask ... For chassis with 64 MAC addresses, STP uses the extended system ID plus a MAC address to make the bridge ID unique for each VLAN. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Some personal linux observations
    ... One of my big bitches about the M$ environment is that the command line ... but open source developers are usually more interested in expressing ... installing software from sourcecode. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: New "base document" available
    ... that will list the environment variables and 'set' is built into bash. ... or it may be from having something set in an EV or from a command ... The getparam program should do whatever is necessary on the particular ... then a configuration file, and then the environment or the registry. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)