Re: Monitor directory and execute script

I think sysutils/wait_on is what you are looking for.

Am 07.11.2011 16:21, schrieb Andrea Venturoli:
On 11/07/11 15:26, Warren Block wrote:
On Mon, 7 Nov 2011, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

I need to check for new or updated files in a directory and execute a
script on them whenever that happens.
Before I launch on complicated scripting, is there some
utility/port/deamon that already does this?

There's devel/gamin.

Thanks for the answer.
AFAICT gamin is a library; from there I'd need to develop some daemon, provide rc scripts, etc...

My question was whether such a thing already exists.

bye
av.

  • Re: [kde] Locking down a user and/or do not launch additional copies of one app
    ... widgets, remove taskbar from the panel, and then launches her games. ... FWIW, there's another app, wmiface, with similar but more advanced ... would be to create a wrapper script that when ... it would launch a new instance of the app. ...
    (KDE)
  • [kde] Re: How to set up the screen saver to activate when the mouse is at a corner?
    ... it's not a general kde thing. ... only to launch it, in a special konsole profile with special window rules ... I thought we went thru that with the kmail script you wanted to run at ... startup, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Processing workload distribution
    ... The Perl we're using is the 64 bit build of 5.8.8 from Activestate. ... I created a script that uses threads to launch a series of standalone ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: [kde] Why do you prefer KDE?
    ... Luckily, kde was available, with its policy of user choice! ... would launch the desired app based on the second key. ... But while trying one of several third party hotkey apps that was supposed ... That script, in turn, displays a list of options along with associated ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: ABCs "Last Resort" pilot is online
    ... Ignoring the targeting method for a "cruise missile" when the launch ... Keys are in double-locked ... The script is executed until it ends. ... I'm not sure how anyone outside of the bridge crew would be aware of the ...
    (rec.arts.tv)