Re: Realtek RTL8191SEvB Linux driver?

On 4 January 2012 15:01, Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/01/2012 16:21, Chad Perrin wrote:

As someone who has actually done laptop technician work, professionally,

You don't by any chance know where there is a service manual for OP's laptop
in pdf format (or html)? I did a bit of googling but didn't find it. It's a
Toshiba U505-S2950. Or maybe you could advise how to replace the wireless
card in this particular machine...

It's a user's guide for the general u500 series of lap-tops:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7QsFu5wGXIiODc2NWI1ZDAtYTBmYi00NGQyLTljODItMGYwMjI5MDc4ZWQ1
(or http://bit.ly/zygnZV if that's too long)

But it does show a door on the underside covering the wireless
card, so it's likely a simple matter of unhooking the antennae,
gently prising it free and installing a new card.

(also, I have no idea if Toshiba does hardware whitelisting
on any of their lap-tops, but you might search around a bit
before you buy a new card)

  • Group Policy loading
    ... it seems to be a problem with XP, not the Dell drivers): ... connecting to a Buffalo WLA-G54 Wireless Access Point. ... logon') option to make Windows XP wait for the network to ... file to match that of the Dell TrueMobile card. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: WAP54Gs with WPA not handing out IPs from SBS2003 server
    ... Do you have enough IP addresses in the DHCP pool on the DHCP server? ... There's not even 50 machines total on the network. ... I'll assume you're running Windoze XP Home using Wireless Zero Config ... With the PCMCIA card, it's the WZC software. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: WAP54Gs with WPA not handing out IPs from SBS2003 server
    ... Do you have enough IP addresses in the DHCP pool on the DHCP server? ... There's not even 50 machines total on the network. ... I'll assume you're running Windoze XP Home using Wireless Zero Config ... With the PCMCIA card, it's the WZC software. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: what do i need to wirelessly network my house
    ... wireless router and a wi-fi card for your PC. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: wireless connection at home
    ... successful and an ifconfig of the wlan0 showed that the card had sent 10 ... I went to a local computer store because I thought maybe the card was ... In the environment here I have about 4 wireless access points in the ... "LinkSys Wireless G" that is what my wife and kids connect up to, ...
    (Fedora)