Re: modem

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 15:10:47 -0700 (PDT), tim smith wrote:

Well, I checked the log for ppp, nothing I could see.
There's not much as I still can't send the modem an AT, so...

Could you verify the presence of the cuau* file in /dev?
Maybe you can post the essential parts of your ppp.conf
as well as significant changes to your kernel (in case
you're not using the GENERIC kernel; check "device uart"),
and /boot/loader.conf?

And finally, can you show the _full_ error message that
you receive, maybe also informational parts of the ppp
log file?

What steps of diagnosis and testing could you already
accomplish (with which results)?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany

  • Re: Modem stopped working
    ... >> couldn't find anything that resembled a modem command string. ... > Windows also keeps a log file. ... > An easy way to find it is to go into a COMMAND prompt window and: ... pppd: ATZ ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Problem in receiving a call
    ... I have checked that the address given by ITADDRESS2_1 is actually a modem ... as you can also check from TB3X log file i have attached below. ... Also as u can see from previously attached log file i m able to call ... Is this thing possible using TAPI? ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • Re: Trying to write a log function
    ... how i can get it to work to write messages to a log file. ... You should *ALWAYS* verify that your file opened correctly: ... sleep 10; ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: No sound on other end !
    ... The log file of the ... You may want to cross-post your modem related questions to: ... Microsoft MVP for TAPI / Windows SDK ... * Please post all messages and replies to the newsgroup so all may ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • RE: Unable to send any faxes
    ... I suggest that you replace one modem that listed in the HCL of Windows ... Navigate to the logging option, controlled by the registry key under: ... Right click the Application event, select "Save Log file as", save it as ... PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD were ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)