Re: modem

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 15:10:47 -0700 (PDT), tim smith wrote:

Well, I checked the log for ppp, nothing I could see.
There's not much as I still can't send the modem an AT, so...

Could you verify the presence of the cuau* file in /dev?
Maybe you can post the essential parts of your ppp.conf
as well as significant changes to your kernel (in case
you're not using the GENERIC kernel; check "device uart"),
and /boot/loader.conf?

And finally, can you show the _full_ error message that
you receive, maybe also informational parts of the ppp
log file?

What steps of diagnosis and testing could you already
accomplish (with which results)?

Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...