Re: modem

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 15:10:47 -0700 (PDT), tim smith wrote:

Well, I checked the log for ppp, nothing I could see.
There's not much as I still can't send the modem an AT, so...

Could you verify the presence of the cuau* file in /dev?
Maybe you can post the essential parts of your ppp.conf
as well as significant changes to your kernel (in case
you're not using the GENERIC kernel; check "device uart"),
and /boot/loader.conf?

And finally, can you show the _full_ error message that
you receive, maybe also informational parts of the ppp
log file?

What steps of diagnosis and testing could you already
accomplish (with which results)?

Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...

  • Re: Modem stopped working
    ... >> couldn't find anything that resembled a modem command string. ... > Windows also keeps a log file. ... > An easy way to find it is to go into a COMMAND prompt window and: ... pppd: ATZ ...
  • Re: Problem in receiving a call
    ... I have checked that the address given by ITADDRESS2_1 is actually a modem ... as you can also check from TB3X log file i have attached below. ... Also as u can see from previously attached log file i m able to call ... Is this thing possible using TAPI? ...
  • Re: Trying to write a log function
    ... how i can get it to work to write messages to a log file. ... You should *ALWAYS* verify that your file opened correctly: ... sleep 10; ...
  • Re: No sound on other end !
    ... The log file of the ... You may want to cross-post your modem related questions to: ... Microsoft MVP for TAPI / Windows SDK ... * Please post all messages and replies to the newsgroup so all may ...
  • RE: Unable to send any faxes
    ... I suggest that you replace one modem that listed in the HCL of Windows ... Navigate to the logging option, controlled by the registry key under: ... Right click the Application event, select "Save Log file as", save it as ... PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD were ...