Re: fsck problem FreeBSD 8.3

12.04.2012 00:05, Коньков Евгений пишет:
Здравствуйте, Eugene.

Вы писали 10 апреля 2012 г., 0:39:52:

EG> 10.04.2012 01:36, Коньков Евгений пишет:
Hi.

Apr 9 19:51:58 fsck: /dev/ad8s1e: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY, CANNOT RUN FAST FSCK
Apr 9 19:51:58 fsck:
Apr 9 19:51:58 fsck:
Apr 9 19:51:58 fsck: /dev/ad8s1e: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
Apr 9 19:51:58 fsck: /dev/ad8s1e: CANNOT SET FS_NEEDSFSCK FLAG
Apr 9 20:09:22 kernel:

running manually:
# fsck -y /dev/ad8s1e
** /dev/ad8s1e (NO WRITE)

EG> You cannot run fsck on mounted filesystem, unmount it first.
Why not? fsck can do its job at background, on mounted FS.

It is run in special mode then, you run fsck not that way.

So I also can run it on mounted FS.

"NO WRITE" signals you that it will not be able to fix any problem it encounters.

in this case (as I have showed) it do not find any errors.

And if it finds any error on mounted live file system,
that would not mean the error really exists.
Do NOT run fsck on mounted file system, period.

In any case I have run fsck on this FS when it was dismounted.
There is no any errors.

So, you need not bother, your file system has been already fixed.

I think here is only one problem. problem to 'RUN FAST FSCK'

No need to, already.

Eugene Grosbein

  • Re: [SLE] How do I use fsck????
    ... >> it couldn't fsck and that I would have to do it manually. ... > in single user mode to fsck root, AND the root file system must be ... > root or mounted file system, ... So, at this point, how do I unmount, or set ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: recursive directory
    ... > is that somehow it is recursive. ... Unmount the file system and run "fsck -f" on it. ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: serioup problem after running fsck
    ... I'm not an expert in recovery and I'm not sure you could recover at ... > The easiest and first thing is to run fsck again (although I ... Running it once is no guarantee that the file system ... > shutdown command from the command line or the shutdown menu ...
    (RedHat)
  • fstab entries for external USB hard drives led to fsck.ext3 failure on boot, bug?
    ... 'F!3@$%ing fsck! ... Please repair the file system manually. ... CONTROL-D will terminate this shell and resume system boot. ... were to allow me to quickly mount an external hard drive ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: fsck strangeness
    ... I'm having some rather strange behaviour with fsck. ... Even if this first check is run whilst the file system is mounted, ... Running fsck on a file system that has been mounted read/write will almost ... You should normally not run fsck on a mounted filesystem and you should ...
    (freebsd-questions)