Somewhat OT - A Makefile Question

Not strictly FBSD, but ...

Within a makefile, I need to assign the name of a program as in:

FOO = "bar".

The problem is that 'bar' may also be know as, say, "bar.sh". Worse still
both "bar" and "bar.sh" can exist with one linked to the other. Is there
a simple way to determine which form "bar" or "bar.sh" on on a given
system *at the time the make is run*? If both exist, I will pick
one arbitrarily, I just don't want the detection mechanism to fail when
this is the case. For example I don't think this works when both
are there:

FOO = $(shell `which bar bar.sh)

Thanks,

  • Re: Insert with response
    ... FooBar, there's no way and no need to put them in synch. ... column in the foo table to 250 calumns in the bar table. ... set statistics time off ...
  • Re: Magic function
    ... processing objects created in root at depth 3 ... root obj2 at depth 3 ... processing objects created in foo at depth 2 ... processing objects created in bar at depth 0 ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Any Clojure users here?
    ... (let [my-list (foo x)] ... If the stack depth is N when you call baz, it's only N+3 in bar and N+2 ... It is N+3 in map, but map creates a lazy sequence object rather than ... a Java method call. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Closing parenthesis in functions definition followed by its call
    ... return [bar, foo]; ... Evaluating the ArrayLiteral, the identifiers `foo` and `bar` must be resolved. ... The identifier `foo` is resolved on the VO, however `bar` cannot be resolved to an identifier and so a ReferenceError is produced. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: A Plain English Compiler
    ... MOVE bar TO foo ... in natural English appear to be absolutely required in this language: ... But in "Plain English" it is different: ...
    (comp.compilers)