Re: Apache ports confusion!

From: Richard Schilling (rschi_at_rsmba.biz)
Date: 11/07/03

• Next message: Rick Updegrove: "portupgrade and PHP solved! (was Re: portupgrade and PHP)"
    Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 11:49:45 -0800
    To: Rick Updegrove <dislists@updegrove.net>

I installed the Apache2 port, and installed everything else by hand - mod_ssl, mod_php etc . . .

Works fine but it's more work - on the other hand you get the newer version of Apache.

Richard Schilling

On 2003.11.07 11:37 Rick Updegrove wrote:
    > Hello,
    > (I am having problems with the ports@freebsd.org or is it
    > freebsd-ports@freebsd.org so I apologize in advance for what appears to
    > be a cross-posting)
    > Assumptions: I cvsup and portupgrade regularly. I uses 4.9-STABLE
    > FreeBSD. I do not want to run Apache2 or FreeBSD 5.x
    > I would like to run Apache on my FreeBSD machine. However, I am
    > confused as to which port(s) I actually should install. I warn you I
    > have some odd requirements. I do not wish to discuss why I want the
    > ports I want, I just would like to get some feedback as to which ports I
    > actually need to install : )
    > Ok, I need Apache with http and https support.
    > I also need Apache::ASP, and frontpage, php4, and mod_perl.
    > Sounds easy huh?
    > root@T-X /usr/ports/www # l | grep apache
    > drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 512 Oct 30 12:03 apache-contrib
    > drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Oct 30 12:03 apache-jserv
    > drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Nov 7 10:49 apache13
    > drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Oct 30 17:58 apache13+ipv6
    > drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Nov 6 14:13 apache13-fp
    > drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Nov 7 10:51 apache13-modssl
    > drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Oct 30 21:29 apache13-ssl
    > drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Oct 30 17:58 apache2
    > drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Nov 5 12:45 apache21
    > Ok looking at that and my requirements I would guess I want to install
    > apache13-fp and apache13-ssl?
    > What about mod_frontpage and mod_ssl? What is the difference between
    > apache13-fp and mod_frontpage? What is the difference between
    > apache13-modssl, apache13-ssl and mod_ssl?
    > I am fairly sure that mod_php gets installed when I install php4.
    > I guess I will install mod_perl and the Apache::ASP modules last. They
    > worked the first time with no problems.
    > Anyway, I am very confused and I spent all week with trial and error but
    > all I get is a lot of mis-matched apache dependency errors when I try to
    > install conflicting packages.
    > Does anyone have some clues for me?
    > Thanks!
    > Rick
    > _______________________________________________
    > freebsd-stable@freebsd.org mailing list
    > http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-stable
    > To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-stable-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"
    _______________________________________________
    freebsd-stable@freebsd.org mailing list
    To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-stable-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"