Re: rebuilding top seems to take forever.

From: Kris Kennaway (kris_at_obsecurity.org)
Date: 01/08/04

    Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 23:24:18 -0800
    To: Richard Schilling <rschi@rsmba.biz>

    On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 10:33:53AM -0800, Richard Schilling wrote:
    > I'm rebuilding top. What command do you use to build top? Judging on the contents of /usr/src/contrib/top, the BSD build of top may be slightly different that what's described in the INSTALL and README files.
    >
    > When I run the ./Configure command it seems to take forever and doesn't complete. the machine subdirectory is missing.
    >
    > Or, is there another way I should build top?

    The recommended way is 'make buildworld', but you can probably get
    away with 'cd /usr/src/usr.bin/top; make all'. Building from contrib/
    is always wrong.

    Kris

    • Re: rebuilding top seems to take forever.
      ... Richard Schilling writes: ... > When I run the ./Configure command it seems to take forever and doesn't complete. ... the machine subdirectory is missing. ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • ld.so.1: fatal ImportError: ld.so.1 No such file or directory
      ... you've GOT to finnd the missing file! ... This command above should go in your rc file, eg, ~/.tcshrc, ~/.cshrc, ... If you are still having trouble, ... try section-3 below, but then you're on your own. ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: Changing printer settings with Rundll32 - XP Embedded
      ... I will try to upload the FileMon log file tomorrow at on the XPEFiles.com ... related if the error is there not due to a missing component. ... DependencyWalker showing missing msjava.dll is typically a bogus message. ... did you make sure Print Spooler service is running before you issued that command? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
    • Re: question about portmaster
      ... When running 'pkg check' you will be prompted to install missing ... which package is required by which other package correctly.) ... pkg2ng: Command not found. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Changing printer settings with Rundll32 - XP Embedded
      ... If a Dll is missing you'd see there are failures on loading that dll in the FileMon log. ... DependencyWalker showing missing msjava.dll is typically a bogus message. ... did you make sure Print Spooler service is running before you issued that command? ... then you will see a new Profile menu on the top. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)