Re: can't compile much

From: Vulpes Velox (kitbsdlists_at_HotPOP.com)
Date: 03/06/04

    Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 00:30:46 -0600
    To: <eqe-support@cox.net>

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 2:55:14 -0500
    <eqe-support@cox.net> wrote:

    > I tryed compiling a few things like gnome2 and imlib.5 and keep
    > geting the same message:
    >
    > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1:shared object "libintl.so.5" not found
    > *** Error code 1
    > Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/imlib.
    > *** Error code 1
    >
    > I just upgraded to 5.2.1 from cd and then cvsup to latest sources
    > then make world and kernel after all of that I got these errors
    > trying to compile stuff using ports

    Odd, did not think it would pop up from just updating it like that...

    Gettext problem most likely... either create a sym link pointing to
    libintl.so.6 or recompile gettext... reinstalling gettext may help
    too...

    BTW should this not be going to the current mailing list?

    • Re: [KCONFIG] Cant compile 2.6.12 without Gettext
      ... > kernel if there is no or partially installed Gettext on the system. ... > (there is no configure script of course) and just try to catch the ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: [KCONFIG] Cant compile 2.6.12 without Gettext
      ... My gettext implementation is not exactly complete. ... > script shouldn't failed at this step. ... > the kernel by modifying a bit the lkc.h and mconf.c files. ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • [KCONFIG] Cant compile 2.6.12 without Gettext
      ... kernel if there is no or partially installed Gettext on the system. ... Full Gettext is *required* to launch the kbuild scripts since the ... this should not be required for compiling a kernel. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: missing library: intl.6
      ... >>'libintl.so.6' comes with gettext 0.13.1. ... >>installing this version, ... I can't tell from my end why 'cvsup' didn't update it. ... Uwe Doering ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)