Re: Mysql Problems

From: Doug White (dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com)
Date: 06/09/04

    Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:12:27 -0700 (PDT)
    To: Kyle Mott <kyle@xraided.net>

    On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Kyle Mott wrote:

    > I've now done buildworld twice, to no avail; for some reason, every 1-3
    > minutes a new mysql process is started, for which looks like no apparent
    > reason. Mysql on this machine is used very rarely, though it does get
    > checked by Nagios regularly.

    MySQL forks a child (or starts a new linuxthread depending on how its
    configured) for each connection. The Nagios check would cause the new
    process to be spawned. They should just exit, though. Check 'mysqladmin
    processlist' or 'show processlist;' from the monitor to see who's
    connected and what they're doing.

    Its also possible that mysql will keep threads around once they've been
    used to avoid exiting & respawning threads constantly. I haven't run MySQL
    4.x and looked at it that closely.

    dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org

    • Re: VFP8 & MySQL
      ... > VFP functions like NVL to a MySQL one, definitely it made the switch very ... > About your connection problem, I have mine setup as default for 100 ... As for the server, we left it ... The server crashed and corrupted the database. ...
    • Re: Does apache stop a script mid execution ?
      ... If the user calls a time consuming script and then stops or refreshes ... How does it relate to e.g. a script performing a large mysql query? ... 2.b) how the connection is set up. ... the server stops the script execution. ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: VFP8 & MySQL
      ... Main Location and 3 branches (these are remotely accessing MySQL at the main ... About your connection problem, I have mine setup as default for 100 ... As for the server, we left it alone. ... The server crashed and corrupted the database. ...
    • MySQL on Win 98
      ... I'm just getting into MySQL and I'm trying to learn about it at home. ... and created a DSN connection for it. ... User: root ... ODBC Data Source Administrator and get a "success" result. ...
    • Re: Java and MySql program example ?
      ... > I am trying to learn Java and need an example program with MySql ... > MySql database. ... Database connection established ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)