Re: Trouble compiling lang/php4 (4.3.7)

From: Roger Raymond (roger.raymond_at_asphyxia.com)
Date: 06/22/04

    Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:21:51 -0400
    To: freebsd-stable@freebsd.org

    Sayid Munawar wrote:
    > Yes... i received the same error and i posted here too with the subject:
    >
    > libtool problem or SMP problem or port problem or what?
    >
    > I have tried to cvsup my ports collection yesterday, but the problem
    > persist. I think one of the php's feature (WITH_ ) is leading to this
    > problem. but i don't know stil. PHP compiled OK with default WITH_ options

    I saw that post after I had written mine. The responses were not all
    that helpful IMO. I too was able to compile php4-cli with the 'default'
    set of options, so i guess it's now a guessing game and I'll have to
    turn off each option i have on one at a time and try to build the port
    until I get it to compile successfully.

    Will post my findings should I stumble upon them :)

    --Roger

    • ANNOUNCE: release 2 of DJGPP port of GNU debugger (GDB) 7.2 uploaded.
      ... This is a port of GNU debugger (GDB) 7.2 to MSDOS/DJGPP. ... DJGPP specific changes. ... This is necessary to be able to compile a GDB version with TUI support. ...
      (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)
    • ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GNU binutils 2.24 uploaded.
      ... This is a port of GNU binutils 2.24 to MSDOS/DJGPP. ... This port allows a maximal number of 4294967296 relocations per object file ... That script is very simple and will only work to configure and compile the ...
      (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)
    • ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of FreeBE/AF 1.2 uploaded.
      ... This is a port of FreeBE/AF 1.2 to MSDOS/DJGPP. ... DJGPP specific changes. ... Please note that I have no hardware to test if the drivers really work. ... To compile this program the allegro library and certain ...
      (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)
    • ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GNU binutils 2.23.1 uploaded.
      ... This is a port of GNU binutils 2.23.1 to MSDOS/DJGPP. ... This port has a working> 64k relocation support. ... That script is very simple and will only work to configure and compile the ...
      (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)
    • Re: upgrage from 4.1.2 to 4.3.3+?
      ... > every available RPM for the distro...and there isn't one for PHP. ... > And also, I uh, don't believe I've ever recompiled Apache or PHP. ... Well - You could compile your own version of Apache and PHP and place it ... port number - By this I mean, whenever you visit a website, it defaults ...
      (comp.lang.php)