Re: Please Suport Starsky2 DVB-S card please

From: Bruce M Simpson (bms_at_spc.org)
Date: 04/20/05

    Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:05:02 -0700
    To: Maher Mohamed <mahmoh@gmail.com>

    On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 05:55:08PM +0300, Maher Mohamed wrote:
    > Hello there I would like to ask you if you could add to the final
    > realase drivers for the SkyStar2 PCI card it is a Digital Sat-Reciver
    > made by TechniSat Company, the bad thing though is that they do not
    > suport it

    The tricky part with many of these DVB cards is that often the vendor ship
    their drivers either completely in binary format, or for those who support
    Linux, in 'mostly' binary format.

    I have such a DVB card (by a different vendor) and it's unlikely that it would
    ever be supported without substantial reverse engineering (i.e. time), so
    I'll probably end up selling it.

    Regards,
    BMS

    • [patch 000/176] Video4Linux Updates
      ... Support for em28xx based usb2 boards; ... -Don't enable gpioirq until after card probe. ... -Some changes to allow compiling cx88 and saa7134 without ... -Fixed settings for MSI Vox USB 2.0 ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Help needed in rec.audio.pro
      ... > Rewire you can add even more to your environment (like Reason, FL Studio, ... Linux also has LADSPA and some VST's work as well. ... I have that card (sblive! ... Emu support seems to exist now. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Help needed in rec.audio.pro
      ... > Rewire you can add even more to your environment (like Reason, FL Studio, ... Linux also has LADSPA and some VST's work as well. ... I have that card (sblive! ... Emu support seems to exist now. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: [SLE] Yes I am bitter.
      ... Linux since November") purely because his graphics card isn't supported ... needs a rethink of priorities. ... any more ATI cards until the Linux support is up to par. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: MCE 2006 Wish List
      ... Yep - and almost all of the radio channels available with a Sky Digital ... DVB-S card to receive them without an analogue link in the chain! ... The lack of support for these transmission systems ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)