Re: Please Suport Starsky2 DVB-S card please

From: Bruce M Simpson (bms_at_spc.org)
Date: 04/20/05

    Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:05:02 -0700
    To: Maher Mohamed <mahmoh@gmail.com>

    On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 05:55:08PM +0300, Maher Mohamed wrote:
    > Hello there I would like to ask you if you could add to the final
    > realase drivers for the SkyStar2 PCI card it is a Digital Sat-Reciver
    > made by TechniSat Company, the bad thing though is that they do not
    > suport it

    The tricky part with many of these DVB cards is that often the vendor ship
    their drivers either completely in binary format, or for those who support
    Linux, in 'mostly' binary format.

    I have such a DVB card (by a different vendor) and it's unlikely that it would
    ever be supported without substantial reverse engineering (i.e. time), so
    I'll probably end up selling it.

    Regards,
    BMS