Re: custom kernel + if_xl + error

From: Kris Kennaway (kris_at_obsecurity.org)
Date: 09/04/05

    Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 23:44:21 -0400
    To: "L.Edgeworth" <primereflex@yahoo.co.uk>

    On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 02:15:56AM +0100, L.Edgeworth wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > Not sure what I am missing but for some perculiar reason my kernel
    > config doesn't compile, it bails out with:
    >
    > ===> xl (depend)
    > ln -s /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VORPOL/opt_bdg.h opt_bdg.h
    > @ -> /usr/src/sys
    > machine -> /usr/src/sys/i386/include
    > awk -f @/tools/makeobjops.awk @/dev/mii/miibus_if.m -h
    > awk -f @/tools/makeobjops.awk @/dev/pci/pci_if.m -h
    > awk -f @/tools/makeobjops.awk @/kern/bus_if.m -h
    > awk -f @/tools/makeobjops.awk @/kern/device_if.m -h
    > rm -f .depend
    > mkdep -f .depend -a -nostdinc -D_KERNEL -DKLD_MODULE -I- -I. -I@
    > -I@/contrib/altq -I@/../include -I/usr/include
    > -I/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CUSTOM /usr/src/sys/modules/xl/../../pci/if_xl.c
    > 1 error
    > *** Error code 2
    > 1 error
    > *** Error code 2
    > 1 error

    Looks like you're running make -j. Don't do this when you encounter
    errors, because they're probably hidden far back in the output.

    Also, when you cause an error when you modify your kernel config, the
    logical thing to do is to back out your change, or carefully read the
    comments in GENERIC and NOTES that will usually tell you why what you
    did was wrong.

    Kris