HEADS UP! 6.0-RELEASE coming

From: Scott Long (scottl_at_samsco.org)
Date: 10/27/05

    Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:05:07 -0600
    To: stable@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org

    All,

    Wanted to let everyone know that the testing on RC1 has gone well enough
    that we've decided to skip RC2 and go straight to 6.0-RELEASE. Everyone
    that we have talked to has applauded the stability and functionality of
    the system, so we are really pleased and really eager to wrap it up and
    get it out to everyone. Over the next 24 hours we will be synchronizing
    the RELENG_6_0 tree to get in all of the appropriate bug fixes, then we
    will do some test builds as a final verification. Everyone is still
    welcome to update their sources on the RELENG_6_0 branch and provide
    feedback for the next 48 hours or so. The release will likely be
    announced by the end of the weekend or early next week, at the latest.

    Scott

    • HEADS UP! 6.0-RELEASE coming
      ... Wanted to let everyone know that the testing on RC1 has gone well enough ... that we've decided to skip RC2 and go straight to 6.0-RELEASE. ... will do some test builds as a final verification. ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: HEADS UP! 6.0-RELEASE coming
      ... > Wanted to let everyone know that the testing on RC1 has gone well ... > enough that we've decided to skip RC2 and go straight to ... Congratulations! ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: HEADS UP! 6.0-RELEASE coming
      ... > Wanted to let everyone know that the testing on RC1 has gone well ... > enough that we've decided to skip RC2 and go straight to ... Congratulations! ...
      (freebsd-current)
    • Re: XP SP2 RC2 install problems
      ... but both RC1 and RC2 has requirements you ... > RC2 might sort things out, but I can't install it. ... > hangs on the 'searching for updates' screen. ...
    • Re: 2.6.8-rc2 crashes
      ... I get my patches from kernel.org, ... I verify that it also occurs with rc1 of course. ... hasn't died all by itself on rc2 like it was for at least 2 dozen ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
      (Linux-Kernel)