Building a kernel with config ?

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:34:42 -0700, "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@xxxxxx> wrote:

2. Building a kernel with config is not officially supported. It's at
your risk and may not work in all cases. Build a kernel with:
cd /usr/src
make buildkernel

I was not aware that you wern't supposed to use config anymore - and I
am not convinced that the suggested alternative is actually a replacement
as I thought that buildkernel required you to have built the world first ?
Is this no longer true ? If it *is* true thhen what is the alternative to
using 'config' which should be used if you are on a system where you do
not have the time or the disc space to rebuild the world and simply want
to recompile the kernel ?

-pete.