Building a kernel with config ?
- From: Pete French <petefrench@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:23:49 +0100
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:34:42 -0700, "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@xxxxxx> wrote:
2. Building a kernel with config is not officially supported. It's at
your risk and may not work in all cases. Build a kernel with:
I was not aware that you wern't supposed to use config anymore - and I
am not convinced that the suggested alternative is actually a replacement
as I thought that buildkernel required you to have built the world first ?
Is this no longer true ? If it *is* true thhen what is the alternative to
using 'config' which should be used if you are on a system where you do
not have the time or the disc space to rebuild the world and simply want
to recompile the kernel ?
freebsd-stable@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-stable-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: make release vs. installworld
- Next by Date: Re: chpass(1) patch for changing only crypted passwords
- Previous by thread: /usr/src/sys/i386/i386/local_apic.c and status of ULE
- Next by thread: Re: Building a kernel with config ?