Re: FreeBSD 4.x EoL (FreeBSD Security Officer)
- From: Joe Altman <fj@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:26:30 -0400
From the list digest:
23. FreeBSD 4.x EoL (FreeBSD Security Officer)
A few things immediately jumped out at me, and so I've elided
everything around them so that they stand out; which I believe to be
From: FreeBSD Security Officer <cperciva@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: FreeBSD 4.x EoL
Three and a half years ago, the Security Officer decided to increase
the length of time
A year later, support was once again extended.
from the same paragraph:
in addition, some releases were designated as "extended support"
All I *can* see is a minority (the project members) of people reaching
well beyond what can be reasonably expected on behalf of, and for the
benefit of, other people.
Thinking of this project as a sort of organism, or perhaps some sort
of meme, I find that I can only conclude that it has been more than
To say more would probably invite flames or invoke sentimentality, so
I'll stick with "Thank you."
Careful there, Honored One; or I'm gonna call some heavy-hitting
Boddhisatvas to go Ahimsa on your immortal soul.
freebsd-stable@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-stable-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: FreeBSD 4.x EoL
- Next by Date: In place upgrades (was Re: FreeBSD 4.x EoL)
- Previous by thread: FreeBSD 4.x EoL
- Next by thread: 6.2-pre: g_vfs_done():ad4s1d[READ(offset=-8573723385966362624, length=16384)]error=5