Laptop recommendations for 6.x
- From: Nik Clayton <nik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:09:53 +0000
What's currently recommended as a FreeBSD laptop platform?
I'm using an IBM/Lenovo T42 at the moment, but that's shortly going back, so:
Things I like:
* Suspend to RAM works
* Nice enough keyboard
* Workable screen resolution (1024x768, big enough for four xterms)
* Reasonably light
* Has a dock -- makes things much easier
* 1.7GHz CPU is fast enough for my needs (web, e-mail, software
Things I don't like:
* Battery life isn't great
* Suspend to disk doesn't work
* No WiFi
Can anyone recommend a laptop with all those features that works with FreeBSD?
freebsd-stable@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-stable-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Deadlock in state 'sysctl lock'
- Next by Date: Re: getting garbage faster using FreeBSD?
- Previous by thread: Deadlock in state 'sysctl lock'
- Next by thread: Re: Laptop recommendations for 6.x