Re: failure building RELENG_6 on i386

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 07:29:08AM -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 10:00:08AM -0400, Ken Sallot wrote:
I just cvsup'ed from cvsup5.freebsd.org with tag RELENG_6. When doing a
buildkernel I get the following message:

Make: don't know how to make /usr/src/sys/kern/uipc_proto.c. Stop.

uipc_proto.c doesn't exist..

Any ideas?

rwatson just committed a bunch of changes to all of this:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2007-May/034972.html

Taken from my csup a little while ago:

I'll also add that "grep -r uipc_proto /usr/src" returns no results on
aforementioned system. I'm betting that you sup'd from a server which
hadn't gotten all of the committed changes yet.

Regardless, I'm building world now to try and replicate the issue.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick jdc at parodius.com |
| Parodius Networking http://www.parodius.com/ |

  • XEN kernel config - supposed to build?
    ... I'm building the XEN kernel config on a recent csup of CURRENT, ... # make buildkernel KERNCONF=XEN ... cc1: warnings being treated as errors ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: US ftp mirrors down?
    ... I was just trying to csup the sources for releng_6_3 and had some issues. ... ftp10.us.freebsd.org was unlocateable, ftp11 didn't have src-all, a bunch of the lower numbered ones were all unresponsive. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: compiling kernel problem
    ... to /usr/src then make buildkernel ... ... Also choose the mirror you need and edit the stable-supfile. ... FWIW, if you want to checkout the actual CVS repository, you still need ... csup does not yet support CVS ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: building kernel under 7.0 RC3 fails
    ... I start make buildkernel KERNCONF=SMP and after reasonably short time ... (after the cleaning I presume) ... i get bunch of errors. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)