Re: Corrupt fonts-alias (Re: xorg 7.2 start problem)

* Kris Kennaway <kris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2007-05-24 17:08 -0400]:
Unfortunately portupgrade (nor portupgrade-devel) cannot yet handle
the rigors of the xorg upgrade without a small bit of help:

# portupgrade -Rf libXft

before you do the portupgrade -a?

No, that is to avoid a dependency loop involving libXft and
xorg-libraries because of a bug in how portupgrade orders
dependencies.

Ah. I didn't really use portupgrade, I just used it to sort the
ports I wanted to update. And after seeing this (and the failures),
I rebuilt libXft and convinced ld-elf.so to use the library in
/usr/local in preference of the one in /usr/X11R6. The following
rebuild of the fonts worked fine.

Nicolas

--
http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas

  • Re: Whats wrong with the theory... The horizon problem!
    ... Sam Wormley wrote: ... > that is expanding, not matter and energy into the universe. ... matter to compare it to. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Xorg upgrade deps
    ... $ portupgrade -Rf libXft ... Thinking on this a little, I'm guessing that leaving the stale dependency is the way to go, as xorg-libraries meta port is not registered. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Xorg upgrade deps
    ... I'm part way though the xorg 7.2 upgrade (following procedure in UPDATING) and have done: ... $ portupgrade -Rf libXft ...
    (freebsd-current)