Re: make buildworld issue on 6.2 stable

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 12:28:18PM +0400, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 12:07:10PM +0930, Shaun Branden wrote:

IEEE80211_IS_CHAN_PASSIVE() is a macro defined in
src/sys/net80211/_ieee80211.h. Check that you have an up-to-date
copy of that file in /usr/src. If you have it and still get the
error, "rm -rf /usr/obj/usr/src" first, then try to build world
again.

Thanks for that

The file is there:
shaun@sagan:net80211$ pwd
/usr/src/sys/net80211
You have mail in /var/mail/shaun
shaun@sagan:net80211$ ls -l _ieee80211.h
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 8181 Jan 28 14:37 _ieee80211.h

and this is from my history:
489 cvsup -g ~shaun/cvs/stable-supfile
490 cd /usr/obj
491 rm -rf *
492 chflags -R noschg *
493 rm -rf *
494 cd /usr/src

I just ran these again, ie !489, !490 etc with make buildworld at the
end and got the same result.

ifconfig.lo(.text+0x4df8): In function `print_chaninfo':
: undefined reference to `IEEE80211_IS_CHAN_PASSIVE'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/rescue/rescue.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/rescue/rescue.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/rescue.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
root@sagan:src$

Also, I usually use the following script to do all this, but started
running the commands interactively after it failed the first time. As
you can see it removes the /usr/obj before running make buildworld.

#!/usr/local/bin/bash
# Copyright (c) June 2002 Shaun Branden <shaun@xxxxxxxxx>.
# All rights reserved.
#
# Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
# modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
# are met:
# 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
# notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
# 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
# notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
# documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
#
# THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
# ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
# IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
# ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
# FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
# DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
# OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
# HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
# LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
# OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
# SUCH DAMAGE.

SUPFILE="/home/shaun/cvs/stable-supfile"
KERN="SAGAN"
#KERN="GENERICNEW"

if [ -z $1 ]
then
echo "Usage: `basename $0` {-a(ll includes cvs)|-m(ost)}" >&2
exit 42
fi

if [ "$UID" != "0" ]
then
echo "You do not have permission to use this script"
exit 42
fi

docvs ()
{
echo "updating cvs"
cvsup -g $SUPFILE
if [ $? -ne "0" ]
then
echo "cvs failed, perhaps we are offline"
exit 42
fi
}

#remove the working files from last time
doremove ()
{
echo "Removing old /usr/obj:"
cd /usr/obj
if [ $? -eq "0" ]
then
rm -rf *
chflags -R noschg *
rm -rf *
else
echo "Did not change to /usr/obj so rm -rf not run"
exit 42
fi
}

#compiles all system sources
dobuild ()
{
echo "Compiling the sources:"
cd /usr/src
make buildworld
if [ $? -ne "0" ]
then
echo "make buildworld failed, exiting"
exit 42
fi
}

#compile and installs the kernel
dokernel ()
{
echo "Compiling the kernel called $KERN "
echo "running make buildkernel"
make buildkernel KERNCONF=$KERN
if [ $? -ne "0" ]
then
echo "make buildkernel failed, exiting"
exit 42
fi
echo "running make installkernel"
make installkernel KERNCONF=$KERN
if [ $? -ne "0" ]
then
echo "make installkernel failed, exiting"
exit 42
fi
}

#installs new system
doinstall ()
{
#install it all
echo "running make installworld"
make installworld
if [ $? -ne "0" ]
then
echo "ERROR: make installworld failed, exiting"
exit 42
fi
}

#Now run Mergemaster, this will also run MAKEDEV"
domerge ()
{
echo "Would you like me to run mergemaster? (y/n)"
read answer
if [ $answer = "y" ]
then
cp -Rp /etc /etc.old
mergemaster
if [ $? -ne "0" ]
then
echo "make installkernel failed, exiting"
exit 42
fi
else
echo "Run cp -Rp /etc /etc.old
mergemaster
manually"
exit
fi
}

#calls from here
case "$1" in
-a)
docvs
doremove
dobuild
dokernel
doinstall
domerge
;;
-m)
doremove
dobuild
dokernel
doinstall
domerge
;;
*)
echo "Usage: `basename $0` {-a(ll includes cvs)|-m(ost)}" >&2
;;
esac
echo "Now that mergemaster is complete you can reboot to the new system:)"

thanks

shaun
--
Shaun Branden: Alchemist and Bit Bender
PGP and contact details in the headers.

  • Re: Newbie Three
    ... echo "tesgform"; ... echo "suspected alien invasion case topic table"; ... echo "suspected alien invasion unknown group name"; ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Newbie Three
    ... echo "tesgform"; ... echo "suspected alien invasion case topic table"; ... echo "suspected alien invasion unknown group name"; ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • [opensuse] Re: lack of flexibility of systemd
    ... # best to sudo first then run this script: ... # read the daemon's current config to get values...for defaults ... echo "Fatal error: Torrent data directories are not found" ...
    (SuSE)
  • ToDo list utility - suggestions/optimizations/refinements wanted
    ... For the past couple of days, I've been working on this todo list script and I'm really happy with the way it works, but wanted to post it here before I go any futher, in case anybody had suggestions for optimizations or style errors. ... echo "File written successfully." ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Making bootable USB keys
    ... mv $TMPDOC $TMPDOC.old ... echo -n " initializing partition table " ... echo "convert tree $tree image $imagefile" ...
    (freebsd-hackers)