Re: vnode_pager_putpages errors on 6.2

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 06:15:14PM +0200, Christoph Schug wrote:
On Tue, May 29, 2007, steve wrote:

Howdy!

I had this issue on 4.x, which is basically, I have
machines that do cgi stuff for customers, and there is a local
md device that is used as a tmp. When it fills the machine
logs errors

vnode_pager_putpages I/O error 28..
[...]

Just for the record: there's still an open discussion on the same issue
in PR kern/67919 [1]. Is this issue resolved completely with this patch?

Not sure yet. I'm running some machines with the patch
and some without, hoping that the unpatched machines will fail and
the patched ones won't. Havn't been able to reproduce the problem
to conclude. But I'll let you know ...

-steve

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/67919

Thanks
-cs

  • Automatically patching machine with hotfix KB824146 using mbsafu.
    ... I didn't want to spend as many hours patching machines with KB824146 exploit ... Mbsafu is an automatic remote patching tool that applies Security updates ... Download and install mbsa. ... Setup a network share with full privileges for the account you will patch ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] terminal services
    ... >> pointing out the danger of opening extra holes in your firewall. ... >that a VPN is a hole in the firewall, albeit generally a mitigated hole, ... >people didn't patch their machines. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Event ID 6161 for HP 6840
    ... patch related to an exposure via the print spooler service. ... download which offers the option of a local port. ... >> There were no problems with the install and the printer works find so long ... >> 3) All machines on the network can connect to the printer via Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: 5.3-RELEASE TODO
    ... I haven't tested the last one (memory tuning on 4GB machines) ... * There may be a problem with swapping: ... >> He suggested a patch, but it did not fix the problem. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Problems with MS01-052
    ... I have had 34 reports so far of the patch causing problems on Windows ... machines you're applying it to). ... expected there'd be a world-wide DoS attack against Terminal Services ... Microsoft Exchange 2000 between October 1 and November 16. ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)