Re: IPMI & SuperMicro

Le lundi 06 août 2007 à 09:40 +0200, Gót András a écrit :
Hi,

Hi,

From 6.2 it's part of the main kernel. As I know IPMI works fine on
X2100M2 machines. On these you've to forget the ipmi console, because once
bge(4) loads it blocks the bridge that the ipmi uses for remote console.
There was a patch for an older bge(4) driver, but on the 6.2 i couldn't
patch the driver. (I looked the source, but the two was too different, and
since I'm not a C programmer I couldn't manage to port.)

Will I still be able to reboot a frozen machine ? I have only 2 machines
with bge NICs, all others are intel.

When you load ipmi(4) with kldload there may be a some second pause, but
don't panic then, that's no freeze. :)

Good to know :)

Thanks for feedback,

--
Nicolas Szalay

Administrateur systèmes & réseaux

-- _
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
- against HTML email X
& vCards / \

  • Automatically patching machine with hotfix KB824146 using mbsafu.
    ... I didn't want to spend as many hours patching machines with KB824146 exploit ... Mbsafu is an automatic remote patching tool that applies Security updates ... Download and install mbsa. ... Setup a network share with full privileges for the account you will patch ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: Event ID 6161 for HP 6840
    ... patch related to an exposure via the print spooler service. ... download which offers the option of a local port. ... >> There were no problems with the install and the printer works find so long ... >> 3) All machines on the network can connect to the printer via Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] terminal services
    ... >> pointing out the danger of opening extra holes in your firewall. ... >that a VPN is a hole in the firewall, albeit generally a mitigated hole, ... >people didn't patch their machines. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Building a new OS using Ada
    ... Parellelism within a machine and between machines. ... Therefore a micro kernel architecture is ... where the cells of this organism are the devices comprising it. ... We have a lot of examples for the macro organisms like Dorylus (driver ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • missing NICs in FC2
    ... With most machines that I load FC2 on, ... I'll say that this is a custom install with only eth0 being ... I'm trying to understand if the kernel is not loading the driver until ... divert: allocating divert_blk for eth1 ...
    (Fedora)