Re: Cannot ssh from jail

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 10:17 +0200, Kim Attree wrote:
LI Xin wrote:
Tom Evans wrote:

Hi stable@, jail@ [jail@ plz cc me as I'm not subscribed]

I'm having some problems setting up some jails for semi-isolated
development (ie, so we can isolate the developers into a jail, give them
all the root access they want, and not worry about them blowing up more
than their own jail) on 6.2-RELEASE-p5.

I have set up a jail, using ezjail, which appeared to work fine. I can
start the jail, and use jexec to spawn a shell inside the jail. However,
if I then try to ssh from the jail to another box, ssh fails with the
error message (with -v):

I think the problem is that if you jexec into a jail then you don't have
a TTY at hand, so bad things would happen. If you login into the jail
by some ways (e.g. by ssh or telnet or whatever that spawns a TTY for
you) then it would work I bet.

Cheers,

I had the same problem, setup SSHD in the jail, ssh'ed into that, and
then from there got a TTY and could ssh to anywhere.

Li is right, with jexec you don't get allocated a TTY.

Laters,

Kim

Thanks guys, that works perfectly

Cheers