Re: [: -le: argument expected

Hello Pete, and thank you for your continued input. I really appreciate it.

Quoting Pete French <petefrench@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Well, to be Frank with you ( even though my name is Chris ;) ), having
to migrate ~50 conf files/layouts on top of "mastering" the /new/ Apache
way of doing things, on top of aquainting myself with the way the
modules /now/ do things, just isn't going to fit in my schedule. Oh sure
I hear you (or others) say; you're going to have to do all of that anyway.

Actually I understand that perfcetly - indeed I spent today finally
mihgrating something originally installed on FreeBSD 3 many years
ago (possibly 1999) and getting it working with ports as I had been
avoiding re-doing it for all these years. Several hour and a lot of pain.
If I wasn't off work sick it wouldn't have got done at all.

I don't think it's (at this point in my install) reasonable to assume
Apache 2.0 has anything to do with it. As the PHP5 build doesn't even
care (or ask about) which Apache version I'm using, except to
differentiate between it being 1.3 || 2.x.

O.K., so this is a simple case of

cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
make fetch-recursive
make config-recursive
make clean
make

yup ? now, I did that with a csup of php5 a few days ago and it
was O.K. for me.

A few days ago it worked great for me too. :) But seems that my cvsup of
2008-01-31 has added some changes to my php5 source. Namely:
lang/php5/files/patch-Zend_zend_list.c, and lang/php5/files/patch-Zend_zend_list.h.
I thought about getting the diffs from freebsd.org and "diffing" back.
But felt I should hold back, in hopes of a better solution.

I am reconning that this has something to do
with some other ports that php5 is dependent on which havent been
upgraded to the version in the tree.

Hey, that's not asking much (not sarcastic). I'm not getting anywhere in/
at my current state. :)

How about try configuring it *not* to build the apache dependent bits and
see if it compiles then? The php5 port only depends on Apache if you tell it
to build the Apache module.

I'm /quite/ sure that that will work flawlessly. I'll do that first, and
report my experience.

Or try installing it with pkg_add -r ?

I won't realize the recent changes that cvsup has added to the port source.

Thanks again for all your input!

I'll be back...

--Chris

-pete.

panic: kernel trap (ignored)

  • Re: Upgrade PHP
    ... > server in which i have to upgrade PHP from 4 to 5. ... > I've read about the ports, ... Now go ahead and replace all of the php4 modules with their php5 ... You should stop apache before starting on this whole exercise, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: port-MESS with apache22
    ... I had run portsnap on 7.2 but did not update the ports. ... apache was working. ... Sommehow the installation of apache22 stumbled over some configuration ... mod_php5 isn't built by default when you install php5. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: php4 + php5
    ... the Apache server to use php5, ... not within the current ports system. ... the php4 and php5 ports conflict -- they fight over ... I'm also not certain that loading both mod_php4 and mod_php5 into the same instance of Apache ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [: -le: argument expected
    ... ago and getting it working with ports as I had been ... Apache 2.0 has anything to do with it. ... As the PHP5 build doesn't even ... How about try configuring it *not* to build the apache dependent bits and ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: [PHP] Question before upgrading to 5
    ... anyway I see you did do a dual apache setup, cool, and got it working properly. ... but it sure is a cool trick if you really need to run php4 sites and php5 sites on one production ... install of apache would allow you to do. ... php in so far as you can also specify a custom prefix to have ...
    (php.general)