Re: Buildworld Fails RELENG_7

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:54:59PM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:

On 20 May 2008, at 12:25, Dave Uhring wrote:

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 08:50:14AM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:

In this, your build is explicitly using '/usr/bin/gcc' for the build
which
is not the way buildworld normally works. In normal operation, buildworld
first builds a compiler from source and then uses that compiler by adding
to $PATH and building with just 'cc'. Are you overriding $CC in your
environment?

I did not even have $CC in my environment. My environment had absolutely
nothing involving the compiler and the compiler was the one shipped with
FreeBSD-7.0-RELEASE. It is the *only* compiler on the system.

Odd. Could you please send me the complete log of a failed build attempt.

I did not maintain such a log. On that last build everything proceeded
normally until it broke in an inline assembler piece of code. But I
published not only the error but also the previous 4 or 5 compile lines.

I'm building again with a virgin clean cvsupped source tree from
cvsup4.freebsd.org, a clean /usr/obj, and I have reverted to /bin/csh for
my root shell if that can possibly matter. /etc/make.conf sets the build
shell as /bin/sh.

This time I started the build using script. The entire log will be
available.

  • Re: What is Forth?
    ... the target, and then tell me why those aren't advantages for seaForth. ... But now there is Forth hardware, ... support both a Forth development environment and the target application. ... My only point was that he said he wanted to put Forth compiler into ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Project Idea.
    ... There is an Oberon compiler for the 68HC11 that took 4 months for a ... This language is more powerful and has fewer production in the EBNF ... is a nice development environment minus sources available there. ... A backup picture for the CPU board is available at ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Question for Java Gurus
    ... its own compiler and doesn't use javac at all. ... the CLASSPATH environment variable from within Eclipse. ... classpath implementations of compilers as a fringe case. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Question for Java Gurus
    ... its own compiler and doesn't use javac at all. ... the CLASSPATH environment variable from within Eclipse. ... classpath implementations of compilers as a fringe case. ...
    (comp.lang.java.softwaretools)
  • Re: Extent of definitions in environments (Was: First draft ...)
    ... written a macro that expands to an eval-when. ... The compiler creates an evaluation environment with FORM ... (cons 'progn (duplicate form))) ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)