Re: Buildworld Fails RELENG_7

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:54:59PM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:

On 20 May 2008, at 12:25, Dave Uhring wrote:

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 08:50:14AM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:

In this, your build is explicitly using '/usr/bin/gcc' for the build
which
is not the way buildworld normally works. In normal operation, buildworld
first builds a compiler from source and then uses that compiler by adding
to $PATH and building with just 'cc'. Are you overriding $CC in your
environment?

I did not even have $CC in my environment. My environment had absolutely
nothing involving the compiler and the compiler was the one shipped with
FreeBSD-7.0-RELEASE. It is the *only* compiler on the system.

Odd. Could you please send me the complete log of a failed build attempt.

I did not maintain such a log. On that last build everything proceeded
normally until it broke in an inline assembler piece of code. But I
published not only the error but also the previous 4 or 5 compile lines.

I'm building again with a virgin clean cvsupped source tree from
cvsup4.freebsd.org, a clean /usr/obj, and I have reverted to /bin/csh for
my root shell if that can possibly matter. /etc/make.conf sets the build
shell as /bin/sh.

This time I started the build using script. The entire log will be
available.