boot0 is hanging...
- From: Pierre-Luc Drouin <pldrouin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 02:04:05 -0400
I just did two different installations of 7.0-stable on a new machine and I have some issues with the boot0 boot loader. I have two identical drives on that machine. The first two slices on the drives are supposed to be bootable and they are mirrored with gmirror:
gmirror label -v -h -b load boot1 ad4s1a ad6s1a
gmirror label -v -h -b load boot2 ad6s2a ad4s2a
The problem I have is that I can only boot the second slice from ad6, not from ad4. boot0 does nothing when I press F2 from the menu for the first drive. I don't get any error message. It does nothing until I select another item in the menu. I can boot the first slice from either ad4 or ad6. I have tried rebuilding the raid and changing the priority of the drive with gmirror, but it didn't change anything. I also tried to remove ad6s2a from the mirror, but it didn't fix it either.
To install boot0, I used:
boot0cfg -B -m 0x3 -s 1 ad4
boot0cfg -B -m 0x3 -s 1 ad6
What could be causing this exactly?
freebsd-stable@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-stable-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: [7-STABLE] ping -s 4000 with ipsec panic
- Next by Date: Re: apachectl gracefult causes Signal 11 crash after 6.3 to 7.0 upgrade [SOLVED]
- Previous by thread: [7-STABLE] ping -s 4000 with ipsec panic
- Next by thread: boot0 is hanging...