Re: Fwd: FreeBSD 6.3 and Intel G33

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
DPMS should work with the VESA driver even, not to discourage you
from the right solution.

The X log file says DPMS is enabled but doing 'xset dpms force off'
doesn't do anything (although when you move the mouse or press a key
the whole display refreshes so it appears X thinks it's been off)

I have found some more time & hardware to try and fix this problem..

I merged the AGP code from HEAD into my tree (and vga_pci.c) but I am
still getting "Couldn't bind memory for front buffer" from the ports
intel driver.

I tried to build the GIT version but it wants libdrm 2.4.0 and ports
only has 2.3.0. It's CoB for today so I'll try installing that
tomorrow.

If you have any input I'd be most appreciative :)

are so many of them to choose from."
-- Andrew Tanenbaum

  • Re: xfce4 desktop broken, complaining about libmd5.so.1
    ... though I'm sure it was just me being thick! ... just delete ports without making a careful list... ... Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer ... for Genesis Software - http://www.gsoft.com.au ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: 4.10 and KDE 3.3.1 == broken :(
    ... On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:48, Daniel O'Connor wrote: ... >> in ports, but I can't discount the possibility. ... going back to XFree86 works.. ... for Genesis Software - http://www.gsoft.com.au ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Problems doing make release on RELENG_4
    ... On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:07, Daniel O'Connor wrote: ... > Off to try a newer ports tree and see if that fixes it. ... In the end I hacked up my copy of the docproj port to require peps and it ... for Genesis Software - http://www.gsoft.com.au ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Newbie frustration
    ... But SHIFTp and TMPOUT are entirely generated inside the always statement so ... If I do a post-PAR simulation it gives me the result I expect, ... Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer ... for Genesis Software - http://www.gsoft.com.au ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: OWA2003 und Firewall
    ... "Daniel Kunske" schrieb: ... > ich möchte natürlich so wenige ports zu so wenig server ... > EINEM bestimmten DC/GC)? ...
    (microsoft.public.de.exchange)