Re: Unresponsive after dtrace
- From: John Birrell <jb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 22:23:18 +0000
On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 06:35:16AM -0500, Wes Morgan wrote:
I know this has been reported already, but I want to give a "me too".
After installing a new world and kernel from the tree yesterday afternoon,
I let my system run all night. This morning everything was extremely
sluggish and unresponsive. According to top, which I thankfully left
running, processes were going in and out of "*kmem_" (obviously
truncated). CPU usage was 80+% system and load averages were around 5.4.
The only changes I made to my system besides upgrading were to include the
options KDB, DDB and STACK in my kernel for zfs functionality.
Unfortunately, I cannot try without those options since my root is zfs.
Booting a kernel from 8/20 works fine.
That's not good news. :-(
I think I'll have to look at a partial back out of the ZFS changes now.
freebsd-stable@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-stable-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: unable to upgrade to 7.1-PRE
- Next by Date: Re: unable to upgrade to 7.1-PRE
- Previous by thread: Re: Unresponsive after dtrace
- Next by thread: Re: Unresponsive after dtrace