Re: Inspiron 1525 Hardware

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 11:32 -0600, Dan Allen wrote:
On 4 Sep 2008, at 10:29 AM, Gavin Atkinson wrote:

This is supported by the iwn(4) driver in CURRENT, and it should be
quite easy to port the driver to 7-STABLE. If you're interested in
reinstalling FreeBSD and testing a backported driver, I'm sure this
can be sorted.

I am interested in doing this. Please advise on how I can get these
bits.

I've got hold of a laptop with the 4965 chipset in it, if nobody beats
me to it I'll have a go at backporting the driver.

Gavin

  • Re: Inspiron 1525 Hardware
    ... reinstalling FreeBSD and testing a backported driver, I'm sure this can be sorted. ... The oss port does work, but has a habit of freezing up. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Inspiron 1525 Hardware
    ... quite easy to port the driver to 7-STABLE. ... reinstalling FreeBSD and testing a backported driver, ... have performed for Pyun who wrote the patch), ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Inspiron 1525 Hardware
    ... quite easy to port the driver to 7-STABLE. ... reinstalling FreeBSD and testing a backported driver, ... (which I have performed for Pyun who wrote the patch), ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: iwn(4) (Intel 4965 wireless) backport
    ... reinstalling FreeBSD and testing a backported driver, I'm sure this can be sorted. ... I've got hold of a laptop with the 4965 chipset in it, ... an access point on channel 13g, changing the AP to channel 1g fixes ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Seagate Barracuda 160 GB IDE becomes corrupted. RMA?
    ... Operating System Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional ... System Memory 512 MB ... Communication Port Communications Port ... Driver Download http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2 ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)