Re: Upcoming Releases Schedule...

On Sep 18, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Mike Tancsa wrote:
I had a search and I see some PRs you have submitted, but I guess you commit under a different @freebsd.org email address ?

I don't commit. I submit and others commit. This hasn't really been a handicap ;-)

Thats most excellent! I think people would take your suggestions with greater gravity if you reminded them with a few URLs to point out the various commit messages that say, "sponsored by netconsonance" etc. Or perhaps a few of these numerous developers could speak up on your behalf?

Again, netconsonance is "Jo" and a few random others that contract via the company to avoid having to create their own company. The "We" in most of my discussions is my $EMPLOYER. And you can see their logos and name listed in numerous places.

We pay for development of features that
we need but don't have the appropriate skills to fix ourselves.

That then went back into FreeBSD ? Can you give examples ? I ask all this as you really, really want things to change, and you say you have \

I'm sorry, but I have neither the time nor the interest in trying to provide a FreeBSD resume to someone. This is a tangent, and never in my experience has a tangent moved the original discussion forward.

Are you in a position to make changes? What role in this do you have? What value is there answering these questions?
(which have been answered many times if you google for them)

I'd rather just drop this tangent.

--
Jo Rhett

  • cvs-src summary for November 22-29
    ... It is intended to help the FreeBSD community keep up with the fast-paced ... You can get old summaries, and an HTML version of this one, at ... objectors to any commit. ... Important bug fixes ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • cvs-src summary for September 28 - October 4
    ... It is intended to help the FreeBSD community keep up with the fast-paced ... You can get old summaries, and an HTML version of this one, at ... on diverted status -- that is, whether they came from a divert socket ... Dag-Erling Smorgrav made a commit to rm, ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Fast releases demand binary updates.. (Was: Release schedule for 2006)
    ... > stop talking about core... ... about the FreeBSD project. ... > As for the whole installation thing, you need to talk with re (release ... > they'll commit any budget to it... ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Cant add new 1TB disk in FreeBSD 6.1
    ... LBA addressing. ... The first incident, according to CVS commit logs, was adding ... FreeBSD 6.1 should have this. ... Oct 4 04:07:30 kermit kernel: The Regents of the University of California. ...
    (freebsd-questions)