Re: Status of Flash 9 on stable

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 06:48:52PM -0500, Sean C. Farley wrote:
On Thu, 16 Oct 2008, Kostik Belousov wrote:

Hmm, finaly I noted this thread. There is one more patch in the
pipeline for 7 that is needed, as I was told. Testing of that patch
seems to be stalled, so I am interested in the feedback.

Possible rejects of the $FreeBSD$ chunks are fine.

This patch works for me for most things. I am curious if the removal of
bsm/audit_kevents.h in two files is desired or not.

I have found that trying to run something on hulu.com in Hi-Res 480p
instead of Std-Res 360p locks up Flash and the browser. I have to run
killall npviewer.bin to get the browser back and remove the
npviewer.bin.core file from my home directory. This is reproducible
every time at least for me. Of course, this could be an nspluginwrapper
or even Linux flash issue.

Hi,

unfortunatelly, we are still have a serious bug in tls/futex emulation.

thnx!
--
Have fun!
chd

  • Re: Status of Flash 9 on stable
    ... pipeline for 7 that is needed, ... Testing of that patch ... instead of Std-Res 360p locks up Flash and the browser. ... or even Linux flash issue. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Download.ject - commentary - LONG
    ... > patch recently released by Microsoft. ... > vulnerability in question, but instead is just a partial workaround. ... > Granted these are known security best practices related to Internet ... > a new default browser to users and hope that it will be safe enough. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: CGi parameters lost
    ... installed that latest IE cumulative security upgrade patch [Released early ... We have found that a side effect of this patch is sporadic posts ... the browser immediately after clicking the button. ... Difficulties with Internet Explorer are also likely caused by Microsoft's ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: XP Home and local area network
    ... >and am having some difficulty deciding what the purpose of the patch is. ... The Restrictanonymous patch is to enable the browser to work - the browser ... computers off to reset the browser settings on each. ... Installation of NetBEUI serves as a workaround when the problem is related to ...
  • Re: Patch Day November 2005
    ... Auch uns ist das Problem mit dem Buffer Overflows bekannt. ... IE-(Kernel Browser) nur sinnhaftig ist wenn eine entsprechende Vorschottung ... (Firewall die NAT,SPI,und ... Kaspersky biete in seinen Viren schutz diese Patch bereits beim stündlichen ...
    (microsoft.public.de.security.heimanwender)