Re: New disk schedulers available for FreeBSD
- From: Xin LI <delphij@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:48:45 -0800
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Garrett Cooper wrote:
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Fabio Checconi and myself have developed a GEOM-based disk scheduler
for FreeBSD. The scheduler is made of a GEOM kernel module, the
corresponding userland claas library, and other loadable kernel
modules that implement the actual scheduling algorithm.
At the URL below you can find a tarball with full sources and
also a set of pre-built modules/libraries for RELENG_7, to ease testing.
Below you can find the README file that comes with the distribution.
I would encourage people to try it and submit feedback, because the
initial results are extremely interesting. While I just tried the
code under RELENG_7/i386, it should build and work on all versions
that have GEOM (but read below).
Is this changeset already available in CURRENT?
Xin LI <delphij@xxxxxxxxxxx> http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (FreeBSD)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
freebsd-stable@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-stable-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: FreeBSD 7.1 Breaks re and rl Network Interface Drivers
- Next by Date: Re: zfs not exporting or unmounting
- Previous by thread: Re: New disk schedulers available for FreeBSD
- Next by thread: Re: New disk schedulers available for FreeBSD