Re: How to upgrade kernel with gmirror boot?
- From: Chris Shenton <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 09:57:50 -0400
On Sep 26, 2009, at 5:47 PM, Stefan Bethke wrote:
Am 26.09.2009 um 21:04 schrieb Chris Shenton:
PS: Current "gmirror list" output:^^^
$ gmirror list
Geom name: boot
There's your problem: your mirror consist of only ad6s1a. You need to add ad4s1a using gmirror insert, or tell your BIOS to boot from the second disk.
That was it, exactly. I've been running with a broken mirror all this time, doh! Added the second disk partition and was able to build and install kernel and boot from it.
freebsd-stable@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-stable-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: NFS server replies on wrong IP
- Next by Date: Re: problem with link aggregation failover
- Previous by thread: Re: How to upgrade kernel with gmirror boot?
- Next by thread: Re: ath0: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 4)