Re: Tunnel IPv6 requests to my IPv4 servers?

That said, I'll add my voice to the suggestion that it is very simple to
get IPv6 going on pretty much anything

Hmmm... half the boxes I host, I don't have a login to, yet for some odd reason, I want to make my network 100% IPv6 accessible.

I manage two /22's so, I'm sitting on a pile of IPs. First off, I'm going to get a one-to-one mapping setup for every IP -- hopefully through 6tunnel (I'll look into that, thanks for the pointer). Second, I'll migrate to multiple IPs on boxes that I have access to / boxes that support IPv6. (Example: Pre FreeBSD 7.2 box jails only support one IP)

Goal: 100% IPv6 ready, whether my customers want it or not!

Rudy

  • Re: OT:Thursday -Windows Network IPs?
    ... DHCP is the winner, since half these ... boxes don't talk IPv6. ... All the consoles, in fact. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • RE: Tunnel IPv6 requests to my IPv4 servers?
    ... Tunnel IPv6 requests to my IPv4 servers? ... some older boxes and not mess with actually putting IPv6 IPs on those ... privileged information or confidential information or both. ... are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Tunnel IPv6 requests to my IPv4 servers?
    ... I set up my router and am successfully advertising my IPv6 block. ... I'd like to 'NAT' to some older boxes and not mess with actually putting IPv6 IPs on those boxes. ... How would I 'nat' or 'gif' or 'tunnel' from a NAT box without putting any IPv6 on 69.147.83.40? ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: What are your IPv6 results?
    ... I really don't understand this new IPv6 thing. ... I use a Verizon Air-Card for access. ... my air-card software (VZAccess Manager) clearly shows that I ... Both boxes show what appear to be valid IP numbers, ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6 - which hardware?
    ... we've recently upgraded to LANCOM DSL modem, ... Unless LANCOM brings out IPv6 support in the ... D-Link has some models, such as the DIR-825, that support IPv6, ... What's wrong with Cisco? ...
    (SuSE)