Re: Unable to install 8.x on a PowerEdge R810
- From: Chuck Swiger <cswiger@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:51:59 -0700
On Jul 22, 2010, at 5:36 PM, Mahlon E. Smith wrote:
Install worked great, though it appears I need to keep hyperthreading
("logical processors" bios option) disabled for it to boot reliably.
Similar errors as before if I enable it.
I believe FreeBSD ships with MAXCPU set to 32 by default (check "sysctl kern.smp.maxcpus"); your machine with hyperthreading enabled probably goes past that #, which is why it crashes with the topology error being reported....
freebsd-stable@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-stable-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: Unable to install 8.x on a PowerEdge R810
- Next by Date: Re: Using GTP and glabel for ZFS arrays
- Previous by thread: Re: Unable to install 8.x on a PowerEdge R810
- Next by thread: Re: Unable to install 8.x on a PowerEdge R810