Re: 8.1 stable ar9285 ath0 problem

On 28 July 2010 05:06, Troye Johnson <drsweetlips@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ar9285 driver gives exception message in /var/log/messages: kernel
ath0 bb hang detected, resetting. I dont know what it means. The
driver compiles good and I just got sources from cvs server branch
RELENG_8_1. What is the meaning of this exception message?

Hi,

Please create a PR and assign it to me.

I'm in the middle of updating if_ath/ath_hal to work a little better
on some of the earlier chips (AR9160) which is a generation before the
AR9285.

I've got one of these laptops with an AR9285 in it and I'll go digging
at some point soon to fix bugs. There's likely a variety of fixes that
need to be ported from Linux.

Thanks,

adrian