Re: Policy for removing working code

on 08/09/2010 17:01 Vadim Goncharov said the following:
Big thanks for your work, but unfortunately, the problem itself is not ISDN or
network stack, it is deeper. It is the policy or may be style of thought,
discourse. Something like:
progress dictates we need fix/maintainership to feature X
& we have no resources to maintain feature X
-> we announce theis need, but only to _limited_ audience, not wide circles
-> nobody responds
-> the X code is removed
AND we think this logic chain is correct, thought we did not things this way
even 5 years ago.

So, get to work, become a committer, get elected to core and have a control over
these procedures. [And maybe your perspectives will change along the way]
Until then, please, let's stop wasting time on this issue.

--
Andriy Gapon

  • Re: OO Progress Metrics?
    ... > 1- My bosses' boss is used to seeing progress tracked by slocs and has ... while leaving the feature count the same is a major win. ... reward the programmer with the shortest ... average time between tests. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: LaTeX3 project
    ... new PDFTeX features and how they could affect LaTeX development, ... I understand that LuaTeX is work in progress and so that early ... The stability and feature set of LuaTeX is ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • New Emie Bishop website
    ... Emie Bishop has redesigned her website and it looks great, ... It appears to still be a work in progress. ... Each month she'll feature a different stitch diagram, and a pattern that uses it will be on sale. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Bottom Title/progress Bar
    ... The bottom of my explorer bar has vanished. ... regain this feature? ... I used to be able to see the progress of a page loading or have it tell me ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Another sneak preview - V8.2
    ... >>the progress of a COPY operation. ... I've been wanting this feature for about 15 years. ... What would be nice is an event-driven model as opposed to a 'polled' model - ... certain system functions 'post' progress/status as 'publishers' - user and ...
    (comp.os.vms)