Re: NFSv4 - how to set up at FreeBSD 8.1 ?

On 7 January 2011 14:25, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7 January 2011 08:16, Rick Macklem <rmacklem@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I said I recalled that they didn't do TCP because of excessive
overhead, I forgot to mention that my recollection could be wrong.
Also, I suspect you are correct w.r.t. the above statement. (ie. Sun's
official position vs something I heard.)

Anyhow, appologies if I gave the impression that I was correcting your
statement. My intent was just to throw out another statement that I
vaguely recalled someone an Sun stating.

After hitting yet another serious bug in 8.2 ; I reverted back to 8.1

Has the problem been reported? There is still time to fix serious bugs in 8.2

Andrew

  • Re: NFSv4 - how to set up at FreeBSD 8.1 ?
    ... overhead, I forgot to mention that my recollection could be wrong. ... I suspect you are correct w.r.t. the above statement. ... NFSv4 isn't available in 8.1? ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: NFSv4 - how to set up at FreeBSD 8.1 ?
    ... overhead, I forgot to mention that my recollection could be wrong. ... I suspect you are correct w.r.t. the above statement. ... After hitting yet another serious bug in 8.2; ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • [OT] Re: A question (confusion) about closure
    ... I've re-read what Xah wrote and in addition to what you have pointed out ... variable has muddied the waters and clouded the message I suspect he ... His claim he can do closures using global ... to have tripped over a bug in the language (At the time, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Bluetooth and WSAECONNREFUSED (10061)
    ... surprised if they had a bug this bad. ... Winsock ever since it worked "properly" in Win98SE. ... suspect the fix is not implemented in my device. ... it states "This problem occurs because the internal counters ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: Linux 2.6.21
    ... together so that you have a good chance of sending the bug in the right ... I suspect a lot of non-maintainers would be interested too! ... This, btw, is why email is *so* much nicer than a web interface. ... think it necessarily needs to be a hugely core person. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)