Re: Webcamd testers wanted on FreeBSD 8.2

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 10:46 PM, kerbzo <kerbzo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I use one webcam with webcamd but sometime after reboot /dev/video0 is
not created at all.

BTW, it may be associated with the initialization of the USB ports -
this situation reminded me of the problem with external USB devices
(cdrom or usb memstick) in sysinstall FreeBSD 8x - in some case the
device was not found without the "Re-Scan Devices". Sometimes it is
not required and it is not required on FreeBSD 7x. Re-Scan - it's just
power reset as I understand

  • Re: USB stick installation problems
    ... I download and copied 8.0-BETA1-amd64-memstick.img to an usb stick as ... I can boot it and sysinstall runs fine. ... the right side column there is an entry for "Re-scan Devices". ... The server has 14 sata disk, controlled via lsi controller as /dev/daX ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Does XP SP2 support large USB 2.0 hard drives
    ... >> I've been testing a combination of external USB 2.0 box and a Western ... > XP with SP-1 or later can handle large disks, ... indicates that his motherboard's BIOS supports large-capacity disks. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Rescuing data from USB external HD
    ... I think I may go your route -- make my own external USB HD. ... |>> |> USB cables and ports. ... You could then remove the new drive from its case and install ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Can not boot once USB 2.0 external hard drive installed on Windows XP
    ... I installed an external Western Digital in an external USB ... test and will not continue to boot. ... View: Original Format ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: lenovo s205 installation problems
    ... The Debian installer defaults to the 2.6-amd64 kernel, ... articles warn against changing the mode after installation; ... I tried plugging the DVD drive into one USB port and the external USB ...
    (Debian-User)